Wed, Jul 06|
7/6 Cooking with Weidner - Pineapple BBQ Meatballs
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Pineapple BBQ Meatballs. This amazing snack is quick and easy to make! 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Jul 06, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:10 PM PDT
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Pineapple BBQ Meatballs. This amazing snack is quick and easy to make! Bring the best dish to the BBQ this summer!
Pineapple BBQ Meatballs:
- Wet Ingredients: oil for baking
- Dry Ingredients: 1 Tbs sesame seeds, 3 tbs bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Ingredients: 1 large chopped onion, 1 large egg, 1 handfull of chopped cilantro, 1 tbs chopped Garlic
- Protein: Any of your choosing. recommended 1 lb of ground turkey, lean beef, or pork
- 1 cup of pineapple juice, 4 tbs soy sauce, 4 tbs tomato paste, 2 tbs corn starch, 1 tbs molasses, 2 tbs honey, 1 tsp worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp dried garlic powder, 1 cup finely diced pineapple or canned/crushed ppineapple, 1 tbs sesame oil (optional)
1. You’ll start with the meatballs: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well. I generally like doing this with a hand mixer because I don’t enjoy doing it with my bare hands. I have step-by-step photos for this in this post on how to make homemade meatballs, if you need them.
2. Shape the meatballs and freeze them for 10 minutes. This is optional, but helps them to keep a better shape. In the meantime, preheat the oven.
3. While the meatballs are freezing/baking, whisk together all sauce ingredients in a large skillet and boil until thickened, whisking constantly. This is important, otherwise you could end up with a lumpy sauce.
4. Add the baked meatballs to the finished sauce and gently toss in there on low heat until the meatballs are nicely glazed.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.