Tue, Jul 25|
7/25 Cooking w/ Sara - Salmon in Foil
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Salmon in Foil at 6pm Central & Pacific Time.
Time & Location
Jul 25, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Use the link below to access the session:
- 1 pound (450g) salmon fillets, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, diced into small cubes (or ghee)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 lb (450g) medium-thick asparagus, woody ends trimmed
1. To prepare the grilled salmon in foil packs: Preheat your grill to 425ºF (220ºC). Cut 2 sheets of 14 by 12-inch (35 x 30 cm) heavy-duty aluminum foil, then lay each piece separately on the countertop. Combine broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
2. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and divide the salmon onto the aluminum foil near the center, then place trimmed asparagus on one side of the salmon, following the long direction of the foil.
3. Adjust the salmon fillets’ seasoning with more salt and pepper, then sprinkle garlic on top. Drizzle the mixture of broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce generously over the salmon fillets and asparagus.
4. Divide butter pieces evenly among the foil packets, layering them over the salmon fillet and asparagus.
5. Wrap salmon foil packets in and crimp edges together, then wrap ends up. Don’t wrap too tight – keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate.
6. Transfer the salmon foil packs to the grill and cook salmon sealed side upward, until salmon has cooked through, about 9 – 12 minutes.
7. Carefully unwrap the baked salmon in foil packets, drizzle with more lemon juice, garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.