Tue, Jun 27|
6/27 Cooking w/ Sara - Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make a Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad 6pm Central & Pacific Time.
Time & Location
Jun 27, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Use the link below to access the session:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning (I used a spice mix I got at a specialty food store)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach or greens
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (or you can substitute with Feta)
- 1/4 cup sliced or crushed almonds
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the balsamic vinegar is significantly reduced and starting to become syrupy.
- Meanwhile, turn a grill or nonstick skillet to high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning on both sides and drizzle with the olive oil. Transfer to the hot grill and cook until no longer pink on the inside and nicely browned on the outside. Let rest for 5 minutes; cut into small cubes.
- Layer the spinach with the chicken, watermelon, blue cheese, almonds, and drizzle with the balsamic reduction to taste. Top with additional olive oil if desired.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.