Tue, May 24|
5/24 Cooking with Weidner - Spring Rolls
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Spring Rolls. This amazing snack is quick and easy to make! 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
May 24, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:05 PM PDT
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Spring Rolls. This amazing snack is quick and easy to make!
Ingredients (Spring roll and dipping sauce)
- Wet Ingredients: 1 cup Sesame Ginger dressing, 2 heaping Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Dry Ingredients: 1 package Angel Hair Rice noodles, 15 round Rice Paper sheets (8.5" diamater or 22cm)
- Fresh Ingredients: 15 leaves of butter lettuce, 2 Peeled and Juleinned carrots, 1 julienned cucumber (skin on), 1 bunch coarsely chopped Cilantro, (Optional: 1 bunch of Thai Basil coarsely chopped)
- Protein: Any of your choosing such as 21-25 peeled and deveined shrimp, Thinly sliced chicken or pork. All proteins to be precooked. Will demo during session.
Dipping Sauce Instructions:
1. In a mason jar, combine ginger dressing and peanut butter, cover tightly with the lid, and shake until creamy and smooth.
1. Boil shrimp according to our 3-minute boiled shrimp recipe then immediately cool in ice water and cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Pre-sliced chicken or pork quickly sauteed in oil.
2. Cook noodles according to package instructions until softened (do not overcook) rinse in a colander with cold water and drain well. Our method: fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil, add the noodles, turn off the heat and let them sit in hot water for 5-7 minutes.
3. Prep veggies – julienne cucumbers and carrots, remove stiff stems on lettuce leaves, coarsely chop cilantro,
4. Assemble spring rolls one at a time. Fill a shallow round bowl with very warm/hot water. Submerge spring roll wrapper for about 10-15 seconds or until softened. Place wrapper on a lightly wet cutting board.
5. Add veggies – on the bottom half layer a piece of lettuce, a generous pinch of noodles, some carrots, cucumber, and cilantro sprigs.
6. Add protein
7. Tightly roll up the lettuce side first, tuck in the sides then roll over the shrimp and finish rolling.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.