Tue, Apr 06|
4/6 Cooking with Weidner W/ Joe G.
Join this fun cooking class for amateurs. Join Joe G. as we explore simple and inexpensive dishes to create at home. A variety of home cooks will be joining us regularly. We will be making Sorullos (Corn Meal Sticks) as an appetizer and dessert. Class begins at 6pm Pacific Standard Time
Time & Location
Apr 06, 2021, 6:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Join our host Joe G. as we explore home cooking for amateurs. With an array of guest chef's, great recipe's, and an interactive format, you're sure to have fun and make some delicious food with this class!
Sorullos de Maiz – Corn Meal sticks (2 forms as an appetizer and dessert)
1 ½ cups of corn meal
2 cups of water
½ cup of milk
1 ¼ teaspoon of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
Garnish/Sides – Powdered sugar, sliced strawberries, caramel, and marinara
· Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. reduce heat to medium once water comes to a boil
· Add ½ cup of milk and all dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly until cookie dough consistency. Skip sugar for appetizer version.
· Remove from heat and let cool
· Using a large table spoon as a measure, scoop out mixture and form into sticks. For appetizer, pat into pancake shape and add cheese to center. Fold over to seal cheese inside.
· Deep fry at medium heat until firm
· Add powdered sugar, caramel, and strawberry slices for dessert version. Serve with side of marinara for cheese versions
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.