Tue, Apr 25|
4/25 Cooking w/ Sara - Broccoli Cashew Salad
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make a surprisingly easy Broccoli Cashew Salad. 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Apr 25, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Use the link below to access the session:
With warmer weather right around the corner, this month Sara will walk us thru the simple steps of making a Broccoli Cashew Salad. These recipes are quick, easy to make, and a healthier alternative to store bought items! Learn to make a healthy and super tasty dish you and your loved ones are sure to love!
- 5 cups broccoli florets chopped into small bites
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 1 pear (firm, not soft), cored and diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 cup cashews toasted or roasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Creamy Salad Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream or kefir or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey softened or warmed up
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine together chopped broccoli, diced apple, diced pear, diced red onion, cashews (toasted or roasted) and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), lemon juice, honey, and salt. Note that honey should be soft and runny, warm it up if needed, so that it mixes easily. Whisk the ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add salt if needed.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli salad and stir everything together.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.