Tue, Mar 21|
3/21 Cooking w/ Sara - Baked Tuscan Chicken Casserole
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make a surprisingly easy Baked Tuscan Chicken Casserole. 6pm Central Time
Time & Location
Mar 21, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. With love in the air this is the perfect dish to add to your culinary repertoire. Sara will walk us thru the simple steps of making a Baked Tuscan Chicken Casserole! These recipes are quick, easy to make, and a healthier alternative to store bought items! Learn to make a healthy and super tasty dish you and your loved ones are sure to love!
Baked Tuscan Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb (450g) boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 chicken breasts, sliced horizontally)
- 6 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained with 1 tbsp oil reserved, and chopped
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (OPTIONAL)
- To make the baked Tuscan chicken Casserole: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- In a bowl, beat together the spinach, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Add half the garlic, salt, onion powder, chili powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning and beat to combine. Add parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and continue beating to combine.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in the bottom of a large baking dish. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and the remaining half of the garlic. Spread the spinach and cream cheese mixture on top of the chicken, top with sun-dried tomatoes then drizzle a tablespoon of oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes. Finish by topping the chicken casserole with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the Tuscan chicken casserole for 35 minutes: Cook for 20 minutes loosely covered with foil then uncover and bake 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F – 71ºC internal temperature). Serve the Baked Tuscan chicken casserole immediately with your choice of sides (cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles…)
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.