Tue, Feb 22|
2/22 Cooking with Weidner - Lemon Blueberry Scones
Lemon Blueberry Scones Learn to make these EASY and delicious sweet treats. This recipe is easy to do and a much healthier option to store bought pastries. Join Sara as she provides instruction for this recipe. 6pm Central Time
Time & Location
Feb 22, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:05 PM CST
About the Event
Lemon Blueberry Scones Learn to make these EASY and delicious sweet treats. This recipe is easy to do and a much healthier option to store bought pastries. Sara’s tutorial will walk us thru these simple steps, guaranteed to make everyone’s taste buds happy!
Lemon Blueberry Scones
• Dry Ingredients - 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup white sugar, 2 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda
• Wet Ingredients - 1/3 cup unsalted butter (cold), 2/3-3/4 cup milk (cold), 1 egg cold, lightly beaten, 1 cup blueberries
Easy Lemon Glaze
• Ingredients - 1 cup icing sugar, 1 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- small liquid measuring cup
- cheese grater or pastry cutter
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- rolling pin (preferred)
- piping bag or ziploc bag (optional- for lemon glaze)
Lemon Blueberry Scones
1. Preheat Oven to 425
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda) and whisk for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl lightly beat the egg and set aside.
4. Grate the butter into the dry ingredients mixing into flour mixture with a spatula to combine. (or use a pastry cutter to work into dry ingredients). Because the butter is cold there will still be butter pieces in the flour and that is completely fine.
5. Add your lightly beaten egg and mix 2-4 times to be careful not to over mix your batter.
6. Add 2/3 cup of milk and combine into mixture with spatula. Add more if the batter is dry and crumbly. If the batter feels moist and sticky then you do not need to add more. Continue adding milk until batter is sticky to the touch.
7. Once your batter is sticky, dump your batter onto a lightly floured surface (pastry board, cutting board or countertop) and shape into a circle.
8. Gently roll with rolling pin until the ball of batter is approx. 1.5-2" in height.
9. Cut batter into triangles (like a pizza) and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
10. Cook for 16-18 mins until top is golden. Allow to sit for 3-5 mins before adding melted butter to the top or easy lemon glaze icing.
Easy Lemon Glaze Icing
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. You can add more icing sugar or milk to reach a desired consistency. You will want it to be runny, but a little thick so that it won't just melt into the scones.
2. Put icing in a piping bag or ziploc bag, cut an opening and drizzle on top of scones.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.