Tue, Feb 21|
2/21 Cooking w/ Sara - Chocolate Lava Cake
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make a surprisingly easy Chocolate Lava Cake. 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Feb 21, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. With love in the air this is the perfect dish to add to your culinary repertoire. Sara will walk us thru the simple steps of making Chocolate Lava Cakes! These recipes are quick, easy to make, and a healthier alternative to store bought items! Learn to make a healthy and super tasty dish you and your loved ones are sure to love!
Chocolate Lava Cake
- 6 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour leveled
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Spray four 6-ounce ramekin with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Place butter into a medium heat-proof bowl, then add chopped chocolate on top. Microwave on high in 10 second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt together in a small bowl. Whisk the eggs and egg yolks together until combined in another small bowl. Pour the flour mixture and eggs into the bowl of chocolate. Slowly stir everything together using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spoon chocolate batter evenly into each prepared ramekin or muffin cup.
- Place ramekins onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes until the sides appear solid and firm– the tops will still look soft.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted plate and turn over.
- Add powdered sugar and raspberries and mint for garnish.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.