Tue, Dec 20|
12/20 Cooking w/ Sara - Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make delicious holiday Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Dec 20, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. Tis the season for parties and gatherings! It's the perfect time of year for sweet treats and this recipe is no exception. This class we will make delicious Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! These recipes are quick, easy to make, and a healthier alternative to store bought items! Learn to make a healthy and super tasty treat you and your guests are sure to love!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Equipment: Cookie Scoop & Baking Sheet
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine dry ingredients: Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream wet ingredients: Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Add the eggs one at a time until combined.
3. Make cookie dough: Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix together until incorporated.
4. Chill cookie dough: Cover the bowl and chill the dough for at least one hour or up to overnight. ( the longer you chill the thicker the cookies will be.)
5. Roll cookies: When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and roll them in sugar.
6. Bake cookies: Plane on lined baking sheet with enough space between them and bake for 10-15 minutes until spread and crackled. Cookies will be soft, so let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack or area.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.