Tue, Nov 23|
11/23 Cooking with Weidner w/ Sara
Need a special and unique dish to bring to Thanksgiving Dinner? Not a fan of leftovers for breakfast the day after? Try this delicious Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe. Sara will provide us with a hands on tutorial. 7pm Central Time
Time & Location
Nov 23, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CST
About the Event
Need a special and unique dish to bring to Thanksgiving Dinner? Not a fan of leftovers for breakfast the day after? Try this delicious Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe. Don't let the list of ingredients fool you as it's well worth it. If you don't have everything on this list join us anyway as Sara will provide us with a hands on tutorial that will include lot's of work arounds and alternatives. Join us for another amazing culinary experience.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ cup buttermilk room temperature. If you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own by mixing together 1 ¾ cup of milk with 2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes before using
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- ½ cup butter 8 tablespoons, at room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Some lumps are OK; do NOT overmix, that'll result in chewy pancakes. Let batter sit 5-10 minutes while you prepare the cinnamon honey butter!
- Add all cinnamon honey butter ingredients to a small bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until smooth and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and grease with butter or oil. Pour about ⅓ cup of pancake batter into the skillet and gently spread the batter to form a circle. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with cinnamon honey butter and maple syrup!
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.