Tue, Jan 25|
1/25 Cooking w/ Sara - Healthy Eats!
As we continue to strive for a healthy 2022, Join our Culinary expert Sara as she teaches us a healthy and delicious new dish. 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Jan 25, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:05 PM PST
About the Event
As many of us are looking for a healthy 2022, our chef Sara will teach us to expand our culinary repertoire. Zucchini Boats are a great way to explore a healthy dish that is both delicious and good for you.
- Vegetables -3 Zucchini (split lenghtwise), 1/2 chopped onion, 2 cloves minced Garlic, 1/2 can Black Beans, 1/2 can chopped Cherry Tomatoes, 1/2 can corn kernels.
- Seasoning options - Chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, black pepper + Kosher Salt.
- Meat Options - Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- Additions - Olive Oil, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, Chopped Cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides, reserving them for later. Place zucchini halves cut side-up into bottom of 9”-x-13” baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until zucchini turns bright green and is just beginning to soften, 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and reserved zucchini and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and paprika, then season with salt and pepper. Stir in black beans, cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Spoon beef mixture into zucchini then top with cheeses. Bake until zucchini is just tender and cheeses are melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.