Tue, Jan 24|
1/24 Cooking w/ Sara - Garlic Butter Shrimp
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make an amazing homemade Garlic Butter Shrimp pasta dish. 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. Kick off the New Year with this super popular and hearty recipe. Sara will walk us thru the steps to create an amazing Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta dish! These recipes are quick, easy to make, and a healthier alternative to store bought items! Learn to make a healthy and super tasty dish you and your guests are sure to love!
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 lb medium peeled shrimp (Chicken or Tofu are alternative options)
- 8 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 C grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optional)
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
5. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Stir in pasta, arugula and Parmesan until arugula begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp (or alternative protein).
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.