Tue, Aug 23|
8/23 Cooking with Weidner - Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Chocolate Chip Granola bars. This amazing snack is quick and easy to make! 6pm Pacific Time
Time & Location
Aug 23, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Learn to make fresh and delicious dishes. This month we learn to make Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. This amazing snack is quick and easy to make! Learn to make a healthy and super tasty treat!
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars:
- Wet Ingredients: 1/4 cup honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup salted butter, cooking spray
- Dry Ingredients: 2 cups quick cooking oats, 1 cup crispy rice cereal, 3 tbsp chocolate chips, 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Spray a 8x8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix your oats and cereal together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar and honey on medium high heat until melted. Once it begins to bubble, change heat to low and stir for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the burner and stir in your vanilla.
- Pour your hot mixture over your oats mixture. Stir well. You want to make sure every single piece of oats and cereal is coated. Pour your mixture into your greased pan and push down with spatula to flatten it.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top evenly. Use your spatula to press them down so they are embedded in the bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour, or until firm. Store bars in an airtight container to keep fresh. Enjoy!
If this is your first time you may need to download the Zoom app on your computer or smart device — you’ll be prompted automatically after tapping the link, no signup, or credit card required. Disclaimer: By participating in this event, residents acknowledges that this is a voluntary enrichment activity conducted by a party not affiliated with Weidner Apartment Homes. Weidner Apartment Homes does not assume any liability for either the content of this enrichment activity or for any claims which may arise from the enrichment activity.